Volo Parachutes Experimental
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Design & Fly Parachutes
Construct your own parachutes and improve your flying and landing skills in this rich simulation toolkit.
Volo Parachutes will become part of the game Volo Airsport in the future. For now it is available as standalone and free experimental release.
This first experimental release has plenty of unfinished goofs and bugs, but here's what's already in:
- A playful and intuitive way to learn a lot about an incredibly exciting side of modern day skydiving
- A fully parametric canopy design system: Change the size, shape, and angles of the parts and your bad ass new canopy into flight immediately
- Detailed ram airfoil simulation model, modeling lift, drag, pressurisation, pendulum effects on a per-cell basis, each linked to the pilot with individually simulated lines and controlled lines.
- Control system that gives you direct and simultaneous interaction with weight shift, and the pull applied on individual control lines.
- A tool for generating funny physics glitch gifs to post on Twitter
We think that's pretty cool, and we're anxious to see the things you'll make with it and the lines you'll fly with it. Let us know what you think, and show us some videos!
Control with gamepad (Xbox pad recommended) or play with keyboard.
Weight shift - W,A,S,D
Pull front lines - Q,E
Pull brake lines - A, D
Pull rear lines - Z, C
Gamepad (press a button to activate):
Weight shift - Left stick
Select lines - X, A
Pull lines - Left and right triggers
Please let us know what you think about the game in the comments section below!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.